Who Else Needs A Phonics Refresher?

Download This Free Resource
"Phonics Guide for K-2 Teachers!"

If you need a refresher, you're not alone.

Use this FREE resource to find more than 25 phonics terms and rules with clear definitions for kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade teachers.

DOWNLOAD NOW

Who Else Needs A Phonics
Refresher?

Download This Free Resource
"Phonics Guide for K-2 Teachers!"

If you need a refresher, you're not alone.

Use this FREE resource to find more than 25 phonics terms and rules with clear definitions for kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade teachers.

Download Now

If You're Ready To Sharpen Your Teaching Skills...
Feel More Confident In Your Lesson Plans...
And Have Less Anxiety All Year Long...

Then you're ready to download this free resource from Learning At The Primary Pond.

It contains more than 25 quick-reference phonics terms with clear definitions you can reference time and again. 

DOWNLOAD NOW

For example, take the word grapheme.

More than a tongue twister, its definition is, "one or more letters that represent one sound (examples: the letter "s" is a grapheme that can represent the sound /s/; "ee" is a grapheme that can represent the long e sound; /ē/)

Another phonics term is diphthong:

"A sound formed by combining two vowels in one syllable; the sound begins as one vowel and glides to another vowel sound (example: oi in “oil”)"

Those are only two of more than 25 phonics terms you get when you download this FREE resource.

You also get access to helpful phonics rules, like:

Double final consonants: If a short vowel word or syllable ends with the /f/, /l/, /s/, or /z/ sound, it usually gets a double f, l, s, or z at the end. (Examples: puff, fill, press, buzz). Exception: bus.

Another phonics rule is plurals s & es:

To make regular nouns plural, add -s to the end (examples: cats, jobs). However, if a word ends with s, sh, ch, x, or z, add -ed to the end (example: busses, dishes, lunches, axes, buzzes). 

Then there's Hard c & g: Typically, if the vowel following "c" or "g" is a, o, or u, the sound is hard. (Examples: goat, cup)

You get more than 25 phonics terms and rules.

For example, take the word grapheme.

More than a tongue twister, its definition is, "one or more letters that represent one sound (examples: the letter "s" is a grapheme that can represent the sound /s/; "ee" is a grapheme that can represent the long e sound; /ē/)

Another phonics term is diphthong:

"A sound formed by combining two vowels in one syllable; the sound begins as one vowel and glides to another vowel sound (example: oi in “oil”)"

Those are only two of more than 25 phonics terms you get when you download this FREE resource.

You also get access to helpful phonics rules, like:

Double final consonants: If a short vowel word or syllable ends with the /f/, /l/, /s/, or /z/ sound, it usually gets a double f, l, s, or z at the end. (Examples: puff, fill, press, buzz). Exception: bus.

Another phonics rule is plurals s & es:

To make regular nouns plural, add -s to the end (examples: cats, jobs). However, if a word ends with s, sh, ch, x, or z, add -ed to the end (example: busses, dishes, lunches, axes, buzzes). 

Then there's Hard c & g: Typically, if the vowel following "c" or "g" is a, o, or u, the sound is hard. (Examples: goat, cup)

You get more than 25 phonics terms and rules.

Use This FREE Resource To:

Sharpen and refresh your knowledge to better teach your kindergarten, 1st grade, or 2nd grade students.

Eliminate learning gaps and hone your skills with both the phonics terms and foundational rules provided.

Instantly put your knowledge to use and easily adapt the terms and rules for your specific classroom needs.

DOWNLOAD NOW

Once you've downloaded your FREE Phonics Guide for K-2 teachers, you may be interested in some of our other valuable resources.

What Teachers Are Saying About Learning At The Primary Pond Resources:

"This is hands down one of the best resources I've purchased this year! You get SO many activities within this file. It has taken hours off of my planning and turned it into seconds with a simple "plug and play" method. There is something appropriate for all the students in my class!"

- Susan G.

"This was an invaluable resource to use during distance-learning for my 1st and 2nd grade students who were developing their phonics-based skills. I have also used this resource during small-group instruction to help my students practice decoding and segmenting sounds in words."

- Camille B.

"We use both in class and also used during distance learning. This resource includes any phonics skill you could ever imagine needing! I assign students skills they are struggling with or skills that align with our phonics curriculum. It's worth the investment!"

- Aaron F.

Download your "Free Phonics Guide for K-2 Teachers" Now!

Tip: Use your personal email address to ensure you can receive our emails.

Copyright © 2020 Learning at the Primary Pond